For 4 people
For the rice
- 400 g sushi rice
- 750 ml water for the cooking
- 5 tbsp Cauvin organic apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp of caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ingredients of your choice: salmon, tuna, shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, cucumber, etc.
- nori seaweed sheets
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Repeat several times until the water is clear.
- Let it drain for 30 minutes in a colander.
- Add the rice and 40 cl of water to a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. When it comes to the boil, reduce the heat and wait for the water to evaporate.
- When the rice is cooked, leave it to cool in a large dish.
- To a bowl, add the 5 tbsp of Cauvin organic apple cider vinegar, 3 tbsp water, 4 tsp caster sugar and 2 tsp salt. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and the salt.
- Stir this preparation into the rice.
- Place your nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat and spread the rice evenly on it, pressing it down firmly.
- Add a little wasabi to get a hotter sushi. Then add the ingredients of your choice.
- Use the bamboo mat to roll the rice in the nori sheet.
- Roll it up firmly and place the roll in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and with an unserrated, lightly oiled knife cut it into rounds 3-4 cm thick.
Enjoy the sushis with sweet or salty soy sauce!