For 6 bagels
- 300 g white flour
- 9 g fresh yeast or 8 g of dry yeast
- 9 cl lukewarm milk
- 6 cl lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp Cauvin Arbequina olive oil
- 1 egg + 2 whites
- 6 g fine salt
- Mix the yeast with 5 cl of lukewarm water. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the milk, the rest of the water, the olive oil, the salt and the lightly beaten egg whites. Add the yeast and knead for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour 30 minutes. The dough must double in volume.
- Knead the dough to remove as much air as possible, folding it several times on itself. Divide it into 6 small balls. Make a hole in each of the balls with your fingers and enlarge it, or make sausages and press the two ends together.
- Cover and let rise for 15 min.
- Preheat your oven to 210°C.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and poach the bagels in the simmering water (they should swell in the water).
- Then place the poached bagels on an oiled baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, etc.
- Bake 20-25 min in the oven until golden brown.