- 1 kg potatoes
- 400 g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Cauvin The organic olive oil
- 50 g butter or margarine
- Peel and cook the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the butter or margarine in small pieces.
- Add to the puree the egg, the nutmeg, the the organic olive oil and salt. Then gradually add the flour. Combine all the ingredients and knead to obtain a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions.
- Roll into four long, thin ropes.
- Dust with flour and cut into 1-cm pieces.
- Press the pieces of dough with a fork to give them their shape.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large amount of simmering salted water. When they rise to the surface, they are cooked. Drain.
All you need to do now is serve them with the accompaniment of your choice: a drizzle of olive oil, cream, tomato sauce – the choice is yours!