Strawberry sorbet with basil & olive oil
For 6 people
- 500 g strawberries
- 5 sprigs of basil
- 30 cl water
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp glucose
- 2 tbsp Cauvin Selection organic extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely chop the sprigs of basil, keeping the smaller leaves for the decoration. Rinse and hull the strawberries.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar, glucose and water and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes, add the basil and continue cooking for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pass the syrup through a strainer, crushing the basil for maximum flavour.
- Blend the strawberries and the organic olive oil, then stir in the syrup.
- Pour the mix into an ice-cream maker and churn. When the sorbet has set, transfer to a container, cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, take the sorbet out of the freezer. Make cute sorbet balls and distribute them into dessert cups.